That’s how many people would come to church if invited by a trusted friend.
Unfortunately, only 2% of Christians invited someone to church each year!
Remember that our culture still loves Christmas—even though the intentions are mostly commercial. Sure, we can lament at our culture disregard’s of Christ at Christmas but we can also seize the opportunity! When else during the year does our culture sing openly about “Emmanuel”, “Jesus Lord at thy birth”, and “Joy to the World the Lord has come!” …??
So I want to encourage all of us to prayerfully and intentionally seek opportunities to invite a friend to church this Christmas Season.
Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday this year and so all of our services that day (and also Rock Bridge PM) will be the same experience designed to celebrate Christ AND share the Gospel.
Here’s more information about our Christmas Eve Services this year.
2) New Elders for 2024
The following individuals have completed our Elder selection process and agreed to serve in the Elder role starting in January for a 3-year term. Here’s a link to an old blog post with more information about Elder selection at RBCC.
Please reach out directly to me with any questions.
- Steve Knox (Dalton)
- Kurt Teasley (Dalton)
- Brad Gable (Calhoun)
- CJ Nailor (Cleveland)
- Greg King (Ringgold)
3) New Executive Pastors (XPs): Cory Stanley & Felix Quinones
Our Directional Elders have been prayerfully discerning the best path forward for us after the passing of Darrell Roland, who had served for 6 years as our XP (and one of my great friends and ministry partners). Increasingly, we came to see that moving to a 2-XP model would be wise and strategic for our church. Our desire is to increase our overall leadership capacity missionally, pastorally, and organizationally.
I am thrilled with the Elders decision to appoint Cory and Felix to these roles and for the opportunity to work with these two brothers in Christ who love Jesus, love seeking His Kingdom, and love His church here at Rock Bridge!
- XP of Campuses & Disciple-Making: Felix (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- XP of Worship & Ministry Support (Operations & Administration): Cory (email@example.com)
Please be praying for both of these men as they assume these new roles on our team.
4) 2024 Budget
Next week during First Wednesday, we will have a brief budget presentation and request by our Directional Elders to affirm our 2024 Ministry Budget.
Please reach out directly to Cory Stanley (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Back in the late summer, our Elders and Stewardship Team set out to draft a budget with minimal increases from the previous year as we seek to be prudent given the impact of inflation and other economic uncertainties.
However, at the same time we wanted to ensure that we operated by faith and that all our ministries, priorities and overall mission are properly funded.
Here is an overview of our recommended 2024 Budget:
- Budget Total: $9,147,641 (this is a 4.2% increase from last year)
- Increases are driven mostly by insurance increases, inflation, and staffing.
- Approximately 70% of our Budget goes to discipleship, worship, care and benevolences, and missions; the remaining 30% to ministry support areas (operations, facilities, and insurance)
- $175,000 of this total will only be used at the discretion and approval of the Directional Elders. It would be used only as giving permit and only for ministry opportunities that arise and that align with our Great Commission priority.
May God bless you this Christmas Season!