- Hygiene Items
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Baby Wipes
- Non-Perishable Food Items
Text COMMUNITY to 888-744-0761 to give funds for local relief efforts.
The Rock Bridge Disaster Response Team exists to provide temporary relief to those that have been affected by natural or man-made disasters. In doing so, we want to demonstrate the love of Christ in deed and compassion for our fellow man.
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:10
The Rockbridge Disaster Response team was formed for those who would like to go on a mission trip but for whatever reason are unable to do so because of time constraints. The RBDR team would go on short trips (3-4 days) whenever disasters such as a hurricane, tornado, winter storm or flood strike an area close enough for us to drive. Travel would be limited to the southeastern region of the United States within an 8-10 hour drive. The objective would be to schedule a trip over a weekend so that time off would be limited to 1–2 days off from work.
What kind of work would you be doing?
- Running a Chainsaw (cutting trees or limbs off of homes or out of yards).
- Patching holes in roofs with presswood and/or covering with tarps.
- Cleaning out homes.
- Making minor repairs to homes.
- Flexibility is key, so we will help in any way that we can for those that have been affected. We will also help support other agencies that may already be in place working in that area.
Some things to think about as you consider being a part of the team:
- Can you safely use a chainsaw?
- Can you work in the heat for long hours (8-12) for a few days (3-4) at a time?
- Are you afraid of heights? There is always roof work.
- Do you have any severe allergies or health issues that could hinder you from this kind of work? (Are you severely allergic to bee sting?)
- Can you lift at least 75 pounds?
- Are you flexible? Do you have other skills that would be beneficial?
- Can you take time off work if necessary?
For additional information you can contact Joshua Jones at email@example.com or call/text message at 706-270-4901.